Waverley Station, Edinburgh, Scotland
"The station was first opened in 1846 and was rebuilt between 1892-1902. It lies between the old town and modern Edinburgh, adjacent to Princes Street, Edinburgh Castle and the Princes Street Gardens. The station serves over 14 million people each year.
Various refurbishments have been undertaken over the years, but the past still survives in the station's elaborate, domed ceiling where wreathed cherubs leap amid a wealth of scrolled ironwork"